Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Troublesome Charity

One fine day, I got a call from a lady who said that she's calling from Manav charity and she tried to convince me to donate some amount so that they would spend it for the expenses of poor kids.


I said "Fine. How can I donate?".

She wanted me to give my address so that she can come home and collect the money.

A call from some unknown person, asking your address. I wasn't very sure if its good to do it. So I told her that she can't meet me at home as I'm out most of the time and I asked her if she could meet me at office. When she heard 'Infosys' from me, she told me to do online transfer and also that she'd give me the account details the next day.

The following day, when she called me, she wanted to know how much amount I would donate. I haven't actually thought about it, and I told the same to her.

The next day, she called me up asking which bank's a/c I would prefer. I said, "ICICI". She said, "Sorry ma'm". "Then anything is fine", I said.

She texted me. "Hi Ma'm. This is from Manav Charity. The a/c no. is xxxxx, Name: David."

Now, I wanted to give money for charity and not to some 'David'. I was like, am I an idiot to do this!?!

Next day, she called again, "Have you tranferred the money, ma'm?"

I told her that I wanted to come down to their office to donate and asked her the exact location. She gave me some address in Miyapur. Irritated by her calls n messages everyday, I asked her not to call me again and told that I'd come there when I get time.

By now, I knew her number well and I can recognise her voice. So, the next two days when I got calls from her number, I haven't answered.

The next day, she called me from some other number at 8 a.m., I've picked it and she wanted to know when I would go there. I was at the wit's end, and almost shouted at her saying "I'm not sure, I can't tell you. Stop calling on my mobile. Don't ever call me again" and ended the call.

Is it charity that I'm doing or am I debted to her that she's irritating me with her calls everyday for money?

If she dares to call me again, I'm gonna tell her that I've changed my mind and I'm not donating money. I'll also tell her that I'm opening an orphanage and ask her if she's willing to donate and transfer amount to my account online.

P.S.: I shouldn't have thought of donating money in the first place. I don't need all this, do I? :( Its only an experience, now I know how to handle such calls :D

No comments:

My Pencil Sketches