Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Memories of Independence day

The thought of Independence day reminds me of the celebrations at school. The flag-hoisting, boring speeches and finally, the sweets (the best part! :) ). There were few songs and dances too. But we always had the same people performing in every event, not very enjoyable. I was usually in the organising team and sometimes in the singing-group. So, I knew what exactly happens behind the stage. Once, when I was in the singing-group, the teacher wanted us to sing the complete version of original 'Vandemataram'. I don't remember it now but I can say, that's the toughest task I've ever performed.


P.S.: The last flag-hoisting I wished to attend was in Mysore. It was on republic day, at 8 a.m. n I was late by half an hour. So, I missed it but I happily got the sweet :D

No comments:

My Pencil Sketches