Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The drenching experience

Tuesday, 30th August, 2011


I was near the main gate, very happy to leave the office by the first out-going bus. There was no rain.. not even a drop, it was a little cloudy, I thought it might rain today. I went past the turnstiles, it started raining and by the time I crossed the main gate which was just a few steps away, it was raining heavily. The umbrellas were of no use as everyone standing there was half-drenched in rain before getting into the bus. We had to wait for 20-25 mins in the heavy rain for the Infy bus to arrive. In the struggle to get into the bus soon so that we can be seated, all of us were totally drenched. Sitting in the bus, I could feel the water under my feet just by looking at it. There was water everywhere! If I lived in a place which is close to office, I would have enjoyed the drenching experience but I had to travel for 2 hours in the bus that day to reach home, crossing the waterfalls, rivers n vehicles that flooded on the road. By the time I reached home, I was completely devoid of energy.

The heavy rains in Hyd give it a look of a place which has just recovered from floods. Actually, it hasn't yet recovered.

P.S.: Thank God! After all this, I didn’t fall sick :)

No comments:

My Pencil Sketches