Friday, November 19, 2010

Priceless time

What would you do if u had 'time'? If you think it is easy to spend the time off then let me tell you, it isn't always that easy. You have to find crazy ways to spend the time when you have no work to do. Time flies only when we are busy, otherwise it crawls.

If I had enough money, I'd have gone on a world tour. If I had a time machine or at least if I were an Einstein, I'd have traveled across time. If I were a Shakespeare, I'd have authored many plays, poems, books and words too. If I were a Newton, I'd have laid down under a tree and waited for the apple to fall down. But I'm not any of them, I'm my usual self. So, I have traveled on the roads of the city I live in, I have been travelling with time (and not across it!), I wrote a few blog posts and slept only on my bed. I have played games till my eyes started watering, watched movies until I hated the word "movie", tried singing and gave it up, thought of continuing an old hobby but I couldn't and talked to people until I ran out of topics. Thanks to the social-networking sites, they not only helped me to get back in contact with old friends but also took away a considerable amount of time. People suggested me to get a boyfriend so that the time would fly. But I'm not the one who gets into a relationship for passing time. What next? What more could I do?

A lot has been said about time by great people. Somebody said “Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.” For every useless second spent, you've earned experience in knowing the ineffective ways to spend time. (Also, I believe that it is not possible to define "useless" in a true sense.) Time is like the money in your pocket (I could say bank account too). The only difference is, you'd know the balance amount of money in your account but you wouldn't know the remaining time of your life. Time can but money, but money can't buy time!

No comments:

My Pencil Sketches